Tuesday, November 22, 2022

My Father’s Dragon | Secondary characters

Lastly, here’s a bunch of rough explorations of some of the secondary characters of the film: from the adorable Rhino Iris and her baby to the stubborn Kwan, passing by a hyper-stressed Tamir and the little Howlers! 

Almost three years working on this film taught me SO much about the whole relationship between departments and how hugely the design process evolves from the early development to the more technical aspects of production. I have literally hundreds of more pages with designs and poses I drew for MFD but I think it’s better to keep it short and sweet and stop here :)


Thanks again to all the AMAZING crew that created this beautiful film, to Nora Twomey for guiding us all and a special shoutout to Rosa Ballester, the powerhouse artist who created the core of the visual style of the film! 💛🍊


© 2019 Cartoon Saloon & Netflix Animation









No comments: